And I have a challenge….
Everyday this month let’s make the effort to tell people we love them and are thankful for them.
If you were to die tomorrow, would the people in your life know what they mean to you?
Well, we’re going to make sure they do. We’re going to spend the next 28 days (who knows maybe we’ll start a new habit and never stop) telling and showing people just how much we love and appreciate them.
I have a list of ideas to share and I’m hoping you will add some of your own. Let’s make this month awesome!
28 Days of Love and Gratitude
1. Write a love note on the bathroom mirror with dry erase markers.
2. Hang streamers and balloons in your child’s room while they’re at school.
3. Plan a child-free at home date night with your spouse.
4. Write a thank you note to God for someone and share it with them.
5. Take each of your children out for breakfast or lunch – just the two of you.
6. Hide a love note under your child’s pillow.
7. Send a thank you note to a former teacher who made a difference in your life.
8. Call a friend you haven’t talked to in a while and tell them they’re special.
9. Make heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast.
10. Let each member plan a dinner no matter how crazy or non-nutritious.
11. Hide Hershey kisses around the house and have a scavenger hunt.
12. Have each family member write something they love about the others and share them at a family dinner.
13. Give a box of candy and a thank you note to a neighbor.
14. Give a larger than usual tip to someone with a note that says “thank you.”
15. Do something nice for your child’s teacher – have your child help.
16. Take your parent out on a lunch date – just the two of you.
17. Send a thank you note to someone who has made a difference in your life.
18. Compliment your spouse, children, and friends publicly.
19. Make a play-list of songs selected just for someone special.
20. Take a moment to thank someone for their great advice.
21. Learn “I love you” in sign language (see photo) and use it often.
22. Do a family member’s chores, and tell them how much you appreciate all they do.
23. Hide valentine’s notes for your family to find.
24. Add candy conversation hearts to your child’s cereal.
25. Stop what you’re doing and look your child or spouse in the eyes when they’re talking with you.
26. Make an A to Z list of things you love about someone special.
27. Flirt with you spouse and play with your children.
28. Set an example to make saying “I love you, please, and thank-you,” part of your family’s daily vocabulary.
Bonus. Forgive someone and give them a fresh start.
You can do them in order, add your own ideas, or mix them up. Just do something everyday!
And finally the last and most important way to show love and gratitude . . .
Pray for those you love and thank God for them every single day.
I’m so excited! Let’s get out there and spread some love and gratitude.
Dear brothers and sisters, we can’t help but thank God for you, because your faith is flourishing and your love for one another is growing. 1 Thessalonians 1:3