I'm so glad you're here.
Blessing counting leads to gratitude which leads to peace, contentment, and happiness . . . not from having what you want, but from wanting what you have.
Would You Rather be a Slave or Emancipated
Isn’t it obvious?
Who wants to be a slave? Held captive? Oppressed? Subjugated?
Every one of us wants freedom. Liberty. Choices.
However, we foolishly bind ourselves to the most foolish things thinking they will offer happiness and fulfillment.
You are a slave to whatever controls you. 2 Peter 2:19
So, the question we need to ask ourselves is – what controls me?
Let’s look at some typical controllers:
- Food – Do you constantly think about food? No matter what you weigh, if food dominates your thoughts – it controls you.
- Fear – Do you plan your day trying to prevent every negative “what if” from occurring?
- People – Are you juggling way too much trying to keep everyone around you blissful?
- Money – Do you always need more? There is never enough? Whatever it takes….
- Stuff – Are you forever trying to keep up with your neighbors, or keep your children up with their friends?
- Power or Position – Are you willing to do whatever it takes no matter who gets trashed to meet your ambitions?
- Unforgiveness – Do memories of past hurts and wrongs still make you angry and frustrated?
Anything that controls you, makes you its slave.
What’s the answer?
How can you and I have freedom?
Is it as simple as stronger motivation or self-determination? You would think so when you look at the self-help section at any bookstore. But the truth is none of them will work. Oh, they might offer temporary change but we will always return to our controller or develop a new one.
Jesus said that one thing gives freedom.
Jesus said to the people who believed in Him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31
I was born and came into the world to testify to the truth. John 18:37
Make them holy by Your truth; teach them Your Word, which is truth. John 17:17
I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. John 14:6
Jesus is the Truth, who came to testify to the truth, and the truth gives freedom.
The only way to have freedom is to surrender every thing that controls us to God . . . through faith in Christ Jesus.
Are you living an emancipated life, or are you still a slave to the bondage of your controllers?
Give up. Give in. Surrender your controller to God in prayer. I promise He will faithfully give all you need to know freedom.
Finally, repeat the above as often as necessary. Our controllers don’t let go easily, nor do we; but the Truth is waiting with the freedom of His love.