The last few years Rev and I have been trying to live with less.
Less stuff. Less stress. Less frustration.
Less stuff and simple organization makes life easier, and gives us more peace and contentment. We know what we have and where it is. And we love it!
Since less stuff is proving to be a blessing, I’ve decided to work on a new list of less. A list of personal changes. But this list won’t work by simply downsizing and organizing.
[Tweet “This list of personal changes will require a natural and necessary opposite to fill the space.”]
7 Ways to Bless Your Day with Less
1. Less Talking and More Listening
- Ask questions and listen to the complete answer.
- Don’t interrupt. Wait…
- Make and maintain eye contact with the person with whom you’re talking.
- Avoid distractions.
Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others. Proverbs 12:15
2. Less Technology and More in Person
- Set aside tablet and phone free times.
- Create tablet and phone free zones.
- Choose one family member to talk with in person or if that’s not possible on the phone each day.
- Focus on the ones you’re with not the ones out in cyberspace.
I am sure that when I come, Christ will richly bless our time together. Romans 15:29
3. Less Worry and More Peace
- Address your feelings. Admit worry and the need to let it go.
- Pray about the problem and why your worried about it.
- Memorize God’s promises, say them and trust Him.
- Live in the present, do what you are able, and let go of the rest.
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:7
4. Less Control and More Freedom
- Stop trying to manage every little detail.
- Refuse to say or do anything that might be manipulative.
- Accept things you can’t change.
- Walk away from perfectionism.
For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. Galatians 5:13
5. Less Complaining and More Compliments
- Look for and focus on the positive.
- Stop and think before you speak.
- Be appreciative.
- Think like Thumper’s mother . . . “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”
So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
6. Less Judging and More Forgiving
- Be honest. You’ve made bad choices and decisions.
- Realize how much God has forgiven in you.
- Look at the bigger picture . . . there are many things don’t know about the person you are judging.
- Free yourself of the need to be “right.”
Instead, be kind to each other, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32
7. Less Fear and More Faith
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Remember the ways God has protected you in the past.
- Ask Him to increase your faith and remove your fear.
- Memorize – The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? Psalm 27:1
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
What do you think? Are you ready to replace excessive talking, technology, worry, control, complaints, judging, and fear with listening, in person, peace, freedom, compliments, forgiving and faith?
Where would you like to live with less? How will you start?
Thank you Victoria for blessing me by sharing this post @