It’s a great day to stand up and take control of your issues.
If you’re like me, you’ve been a little lax in actually starting your New Year’s resolutions. I’ve come up with every excuse in the book. I even liked another writer’s decision to wait until the Monday after the New Year to make those healthy changes.
But that was yesterday . . . and playing and partying with our daughter and grandson was much more fun than exercising and eating healthy. I’m so thankful for the snow that kept them here a couple of extra days, and we did shovel snow and had a dance party – that counts as exercise doesn’t it?
If you know it’s time for a change and you’re ready to shout, “I’m not going to take it anymore.”
If it’s time for you to take control of the things that hold you back, today is your day.
How to Celebrate – I’m Not Going to Take It Anymore Day
1. Abandon Helplessness – You are able to make the changes you need to make. You are not helpless.
I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
2. Pray – Ask God about the changes He wants you to make.
3. Make a List – Go over the different parts of your life and rate them 1-10 on the satisfaction scale.
Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are. ~ Soren Kierkegaard
4. Make Attitude Changes and Get Big Benefits – You don’t have to walk away from your job, your spouse or friends, stop eating, or sell your home, etc. The best changes begin with an attitude adjustment.
We can not change our past. We can not change the fact that people act a certain way. We can not change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. ~ Charles Swindoll
Start complimenting and encouraging your boss, spouse, and children. Treat them the way you want them to treat you. It just might surprise you how much you start to enjoy each of them more if you have a more positive attitude followed up by positive words and actions.
Adjust your diet by limiting sugar and artificial sweeteners, and adding one fruit or vegetable each day. Turn up the music and dance to two songs . . . add a few simple exercises . . . move more.
Make small changes to your home, start a cleaning and organizing routine. I promise you will enjoy your home more if it’s appearance makes you happy.
Take a class that will either help your career or give you a hobby.
5. Celebrate the Little Things – Look around and make a list of the things you love about your life. Change the things that need to be changed . . . celebrate the changes you’ve made in the past.
Celebrate what you want to see more of. ~ Tom Peters
You don’t have to take it anymore. With God’s help you can make the changes you need to make 2014
Let’s talk: Have you ever celebrated, “I’m not going to take it anymore day?”
Here’s to a year worth celebrating.