“Couples who are most committed, intimate, and satisfied in their relationship are those who appreciate each other’s achievements . . . the happiest husbands and wives were those who made the biggest deal out of good things that happened to them.” ~Ladies Home Journal
Do you agree?
Are you a celebrator of good things . . . no matter how big or small?
Some things to celebrate:
- The last day of school/The first day of school
- A finished project
- We won the game or we didn’t win but we played great
- A beautiful day
- A good grade or simply an improved grade
- A great meeting at work
- A met goal or progress toward meeting a goal
- First steps or giggles
- A completed to do list
- A day without arguing
- Overcoming a struggle
- Promotions or raises
- _____________ (anything I missed)
The lesson here according to the article is: Making a fuss over the small, good things that happen every day can boost the health of your marriage (family).
Celebrations don’t have to be elaborate. In fact keeping them simple will encourage you to celebrate more often.
Simple Ways to Celebrate the Little Things
1. Eat in the dining room and use your good dishes.
2. Make the honoree’s favorite dessert.
3. Make a list of the 10 Top Things I Love About You or I Appreciate about You.
4. Allow the honoree to plan an at home evening – game night, dance party, or movie night.
5. Go out for burgers or ice cream.
6. Decorate the honoree’s bedroom door.
7. Go to the park, for a hike, a bike ride, or the playground.
8. Visit someplace new in your community.
9. Give flowers, balloons, or candy to the honoree.
10. Keep a photo journal of your celebrations.
Whatever you do, the point is – celebrate!
[Tweet “Don’t wait until the end of the something to celebrate. Live the joy of little things along the way. “]
Celebrate the Little Things Quotes
“You can achieve all the things you want to do, but it’s much better to do it with loved ones around you; family and friends, people that you care about that can help you on the way and can celebrate you, and you can enjoy the journey.” ~John Lasseter
“Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars.
– Henry Van Dyke
“Never get tired of doing little things for others. Sometimes, those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts.” ~Unknown
“It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little – do what you can.” ~Sydney Smith
“Plant flowers in others’ gardens and your life becomes a bouquet!” ~Unknown
“Live today the way you want to be remembered tomorrow.” ~Dillon Burroughs
“There are exactly as many special occasions in life as we choose to celebrate.” ~Robert Brault
Remember—noticing and celebrating the little things will help your heart and mind even when the big things are a mess. Counting every small blessing is gratitude and gratitude will change your day as it changes your perspective.
So, find a reason, any reason, to spin in a circle and wave your hands above your head! Shout “Glory!” Do the a happy dance of praise. It feels great and it’s good for you . . . body, mind, and spirit.
Celebrate the Lord’s blessings . . . big ones and little ones!
My child, if your heart is wise, my own heart will rejoice! Everything in me will celebrate when you speak what is right. Proverbs 23:15-16
What do you do to celebrate the little things?