As you organize, prep, and purchase for the new school nothing you do is more important than adding a covering of prayer. For many praying for their children and grandchildren is second nature, but praying for teachers and friends is equally important. As is praying for God-given wisdom for ourselves as we guide our kiddos through the educational obstacle course.
10 Blessings to Pray for Teachers, Students, and Parents
These are things which apply whether your family home-schools or your children attend private or public schools. Blessings that are important for all ages and positions.
Pray for Teachers, Students, and Parents to have the Blessing of:
1. Friendship – Relationships are a big part of school. Pray that teachers will have a supportive and encouraging group of friends. That your children will make friends who make good choices and encourage them to be themselves. And that you will make friendships with some of the parents of your children’s friends who value relationships over comparisons.
Those with wild friends bring shame to their parents. Proverbs 28:7
Father, It’s that time of year again. We’re going back to school. Please prepare the minds of everyone involved in the learning process. Please bless my children, their teachers, and our families with friends who will encourage us to walk with You.
2. Work – School is a job, and not just for teachers. Pray that a healthy importance will be placed on using gifts and abilities to glorify God by working hard and doing their best.
Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Colossians 3:23
Father, May we each value the importance of hard work and doing our best as an offering to You of the gifts and blessings You’ve given us.
3. Gratitude – Education is a gift. In much of the world, illiteracy is all too common. Pray to help your children appreciate the gift of school and learning.
Whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Colossians 3:17
Father, Help us to be thankful and quickly express our gratitude to You, Lord, and to everyone who helps us in the education process. May we each learn to be appreciative of the efforts we’re making on behalf of our children.
4. Balance – Work, play, rest, and diet . . . balance is important. Pray to set a good example of the value of eating healthy, getting adequate rest, playing with joy and enthusiasm, and working well.
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1
Father, please help us to remember the importance of rest and play as we go into this season. It’s so easy to focus on what must be done in order to succeed but part of preparing for each day is getting enough rest and taking time to refresh and have fun.
5. Faith – Learning, maturing, and growing are part of life. Pray that your child and your family will be blessed to grow in your love for God through faith in Jesus.
Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Colossians 2:7
Oh, Father, please help us all to grow more deeply in love with You each day. May we love you with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. May we know your loving presence and watch for the amazing ways you are working in our lives. Help us to faithfully remember to pray for teachers, students, and parents throughout the school year ahead.
6. Respect – Words and actions are influenced by respect. Pray, your children will have mentors who will respect others. How we talk about managers, teachers, coaches, etc. in the privacy of our homes influences how our children will treat those in authority in public.
For the Lord’s sake, respect all human authority. 1 Peter 2:13
Father, respect is so very important. May we listen with compassion and speak with kindness. May we remember that You place people in positions of authority and that when we respect those over us we are showing our love and respect for You.
7. Self-Control – Emotions are important, learning to control emotions is more important. Pray that you and the adults who influence your child will be able to control emotions like anger, frustration, and infatuation.
Better to be patient than powerful; better to have self-control than to conquer a city. Proverbs 16:32
Father, by the power of Your Holy Spirit, help each of us to resist temptations. Help us to trust and obey Your Word and follow Your will as You guide us each day!
8. Community – Many people are involved in the process of growing up a child. Pray that God will bless and protect your community and that many of your neighbors and friends will affirm the important values that you are teaching in your home.
You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor. James 3:18
Father, forgive us. Competition has kept us from being the neighbors we should be to each other. Please help us to remember that we are blessed when we help each other. May we make You the center of our lives and work together to glorify You to the world around us.
9. Health – A healthy body, mind, and spirit do well. Pray for the blessing of all aspects of health and for the wisdom to do the things that help . . . diet, exercise, good relationships, faith, and hope.
Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones. Proverbs 3:7-8
Father, by Your grace, bless us with strong minds and bodies. May we do our best to eat a healthy diet and care for our health. Grant us wisdom to do what is best. Bless us with health professionals who will give us wise counsel and care.
10. Truth – Commit to honesty in everything. Pray for truth in every aspect of your family’s life . . . truth taught, shared, and lived.
The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in those who tell the truth. Proverbs 12:22
Dear Father, may we live Your truth. You are the Truth! Please help us to seek the know the Truth, give us discernment that we might know the truth, and give us Your strength that we might reject all that is false.
May God guide and bless you, your children, and their teachers as you surrender your hopes and dreams for the school year ahead to Him.
We would love to pray for you.
You can leave your prayer requests here…
and even take a few minutes to pray over the list left by our friends.
Never Miss an Update
Leave your email address and I’ll send you a short email every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to alert you to each new devotion. Plus you’ll receive a copy of 30 Ways to Bless Your Marriage and Keep the Spark Burning
I always enjoy hearing from you! Please take a minute to say ‘hi” and share your thoughts in the comments below.
And if this article blessed or helped you today — would you share it with someone? Maybe a friend, family member, coworker, or through the links below…
Thanks again for visiting! Don’t forget to check out the links below to find additional posts that will bless you…