Sometimes I’ve wondered if it’s just the two of us being wordy – like always. You know a perfect example of our tendency to be redundant. (Succinct is not our gift. We love words, lots of words. Okay, back to the point.)
If something is fun, isn’t it automatically good?
Is it possible to have bad fun?
Wait . . . I think it is possible to have bad fun. We do it all the time!
When was the last time you got a little giggle or tiny thrill from doing something you knew wasn’t good for you or for someone else?
- Come on, be honest. I can over indulge on a monster burger or gigantic dessert and have fun, but it’s not exactly good for me.
- Speeding when driving might seem like fun, but it certainly isn’t good for me or anyone else who happens to be on the road at that moment.
- If I indulge my senses in entertainment that lures my thoughts to ungodly things, that is not good.
- When I “make fun” of someone, that is definitely not good.
- I’m sure you get the idea.
Proverbs 10:23 says; A fool finds pleasure in evil conduct, but a man of understanding delights in wisdom.
Wisdom here means the ability to use good (godly) judgment.
It’s good to know our saying isn’t simply an exercise in excess letters. It is a phrase to remember.
I love to have fun.
It’s in my God-given Sanguine personality.
But staying aware of the kind of fun I am having is healthy and God pleasing.
So, take some time today and each day to have fun . . . “good fun.”