This quote was in my in-box this morning. I love it! As we stay with Christ and learn from Him, we receive eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart to obey.
Words which convey perfectly my feelings about my week in Bolivia last week. It was filled with the wonder of a beautiful creation and wonderful people who blessed me in countless ways.
Awesome Blessings – Numbers 61 – 65
5 Awesome Blessings from Bolivia
1. Enjoying God’s beautiful creation in the country of Bolivia. Mountains, lakes and rivers, beautiful blue skies . . . breathtaking!
2. Making friends with other writers, with children and families, and with World Vision staff. So very many individuals touched my heart this past week, and I will carry them with me forever.
3. This is Arminda’s family. They adopted her two years ago after she was abandoned by her mother and a neighbor went from house to house trying to find someone anyone who would give her a home. She has two more brothers who were not available for this photo.
This family has persevered through many difficulties, yet look at those smiles. Our Bolivia Bloggers team is working to see if there is a way we can help them even more in the future. This photo was taken in their living room. Immediately to Arminda’s right just beyond that half-wall is the first of many stalls for their pig farm and to the family’s left is the pen for the chickens. Their home does very little to protect them from the cold and rain in season, but the love they shared and their hope for the future was an inspiration to each of us.
4. Meeting Abigail was definitely an awesome blessing. Her sweet smile melted my heart . . . to read more about my introduction to Abigail read, That One Child.
5. Meeting Lindsey and spending time getting to know her was a surprise blessing from my week in Bolivia. The Lord had it planned all along and I am so very thankful. Her friendship and encouragement was like a soothing salve on this mom’s slowly healing heart. Thanks Lindsey!
I’m sure I could go on and on about the blessings of the past week. I pray that you won’t tire too quickly of my stories about the work of World Vision in Bolivia. God blessed my little bit of boldness with more than I could have ever imagined and my enthusiasm will most likely bubble forth in words!
I will make them and the places surrounding my hill a blessing. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing. Ezekiel 34:26