How often do you pause to think about how awesome and wonderful God is?
The Bible says:
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true…2 Timothy 3:16a
He wants us to KNOW Him . . . He wants us to know His character, what He has done in the past and what He promises to do in the future. He wants us to know His love and how He works His will.
In fact, He wants to be known by the people He created so intimately that He wrote a love letter that spans 1500 years of past history and countless promises that will last forever.
Paul wrote that the way to fight the enemy is with the sword of the Spirit…
Take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.Ephesians 6:17
So, I wanted a list of verses I could quickly refer to when the enemy taunts me with doubt and discouragement. Because I believe that God is greater than my circumstances, yet when life is hard . . . I need a sword with which to fight fickle feelings that lie to me.
Here are 50 verses I’m keeping close so that I might always be ready to fight those lies with God’s Word of truth.
Bible Verses About God
He is Awesome and Wonderful
- God is I AM. Yahweh – the Lord Almighty. Exodus 3:14ff
- God is holy. Leviticus 19:2
- God is near. Deuteronomy 4:7
- God is merciful. Deuteronomy 4:31
- God is faithful. Deuteronomy 7:9
- God is God of gods and Lord of lords. Deuteronomy 10:17
- God is just and fair. Deuteronomy 32:4
- God is refuge. Deuteronomy 33:27
- God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- God is trustworthy. 2 Samuel 7:28
- God is strong fortress. 2 Samuel 22:33
- God is gracious and merciful. 2 Chronicles 30:9
- God is awesome. Nehemiah 1:5
- God is wise and mighty. 1 Corinthians 1:25
- God is greater than our understanding. Isaiah 55:8
- God is shield. Psalm 7:10
- God is honest judge. Psalm 7:11
- God is forever. Psalm 10:16
- God is worthy of praise. Psalm 18:3
- God is rock/safety. Psalm 18:31
- God is King over all the earth. Psalm 47:7
- God is forever and ever. Psalm 48:14
- God is helper. Psalm 54:4
- God is Savior. Psalm 68:20
- God is holy. Psalm 99:9
- God is kind and good. Psalm 116:5
- God is merciful and forgiving. Daniel 9:9
- God is Wonderful Counselor. Isaiah 9:6
- God is Heavenly Father. Matthew 5:48
- God is Creator. John 1:3
- God is true. John 3:33
- God is Spirit. John 4:24
- God is truth. John 14:6
- God is able. Romans 4:21
- God is for you. Romans 8:31
- God is peace. 1 Corinthians 14:33
- God is the source of comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3
- God is sufficient. 2 Corinthians 12:9
- God is generous. 1 Timothy 6:17
- God is unchanging. Hebrews 13:8
- God is alive and powerful. Hebrews 4:12
- God is author of salvation. Hebrews 5:9
- God is a devouring fire. Hebrews 12:29
- God is at work in you. Hebrews 13:21
- God is light. 1 John 1:5
- God is greater than your feelings. 1 John 3:20
- God is all-knowing. 1 John 3:20
- God is love. 1 John 4:8 & 16
- God is Alpha and Omega. Revelation 1:8
- God is faithful and true. Revelation 19:11
You and I can trust that…
God is awesome!
For the Lord Most High is awesome. He is the great King of all the earth.Psalm 47:2
And everything He does is wonderful!
How good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.Psalm 73:28
Let’s pause and thank Him.
Father, You are awesome and everything You do is wonderful. You are good and gracious, loving and kind, merciful and mighty, forgiving and forever. Sufficient to meet every need. You are all I need today, tomorrow, and always.
Father, I’m sorry. I realize today that I look at You through a lens of pride and selfishness. I think about myself more than I think about You and the people You place around me. Please forgive me. Please help me through the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit.
I want to SEEK YOU above everything else in my life. I want to fully trust and obey You.
Thank you for being loving, gracious, and merciful. Thank you for being all I need now and forever. Thank you for Jesus. Thank you for Your Spirit. Thank you, Father. Thank you, for You are an awesome and wonderful God. Amen.
Synonyms for the words awesome and wonderful are: amazing, inspiring, extraordinary, magnificent, and marvelous.
When you are discouraged by doubt and the enemy’s lies . . . remember, the One who loves you, who never changes, who is faithful and true—the I AM is awesome and wonderful.
He alone is worthy of all our worship and praise.
May He be with you today and bless you with everything you need.
We would love to pray for you.
You can leave your prayer requests here…
and even take a few minutes to pray over the list left by our friends.
Never Miss an Update
Leave your email address and I’ll send you a short email every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to alert you to each new devotion. Plus you’ll receive a copy of 30 Ways to Bless Your Marriage and Keep the Spark Burning
I always enjoy hearing from you! Please take a minute to say ‘hi” and share your thoughts in the comments below.
And if this article blessed or helped you today — would you share it with someone? Maybe a friend, family member, coworker, or through the links below…