On Tuesday of Holy Week, Jesus spent one last day teaching in the Temple Courtyard and the leading priests and elders came to Him with a challenge…
“By what authority are you doing all these things? Who gave you the right?”Matthew 21:23
After answering their question with a question … He began teaching some very important lessons about obedience, love, patience, and faithfulness.
So today, we’re going to pray and ask the Lord to help us sit with Him and learn the important truths we need to love and obey His commands and patiently wait with unwavering faith.
Jesus, Help Me Obey and Love with Faith and Patience
Jesus, I am overwhelmed that even though You had cleared the Temple courtyard the day before and You knew the very leaders of that Temple would succeed in their efforts to have You tortured and killed … You returned yet again to teach them the truth. To give them one more opportunity to change their hearts and minds and believe.
Your love amazes me. You continue to pursue each one of us … offering Yourself, the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Offering the transforming power of faith.
Please forgive me for the hurriedness that prevents me from sitting with You — listening and learning. Please forgive me for the times I’ve believed lies without examining them against the truths that You taught. Forgive me the many times I’ve failed to love the way You want and wait the way You ask. I’m so sorry.
I’m asking You to help me sit with Your Word today and hold the truths You taught in my heart praying…
Please Lord Jesus, help me…
- Obey when You ask me to go and work. Matthew 21:28–32
- Surrender my heart, my life, my all to You, the Cornerstone of our faith. Matthew 21:33–44
- Prepare my heart and mind for heaven knowing that to enter, I am completely dependent upon You, my Lord and Savior. Matthew 22:1–14
- Trust and obey Your commands to “love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. And love your neighbor as you love yourself. Matthew 22:34–40
- Sit and learn both the Old and New Testaments that I might know and understand the way every account and testimony points to You. Matthew 22:41–45
- Help me to test the teachings of people against the teachings of Scripture that I might know the Truth that gives me forgiveness and freedom. Matthew 23:2–12
- Surrender my life completely to You that I might reject hypocrisy and be clean inside and out. Matthew 23:23:13–36
- Give You my all. Luke 21:1–4
- Faithfully wait and watch … always prepared and ready for You to come for me personally or for Your triumphant return for us all. Matthew 25:1–13
- Invest in things that matter. Make me a faithful servant. Matthew 25:14–30
- Do for others in love as if I were doing for You … for this is your will for me. Matthew 25:31–46
Lord, thank you for seeing to it that Your teachings were written for us. Thank you for being the Way for us to be forgiven and restored to the Father. Thank you for being the Truth that gives us freedom today and hope for tomorrow. Thank you for being the Life we need … life that lasts forever and always.
Thank you for being all we need to heal our past, to live in the present, and to face the future with anticipation and joy.
Thanks and praise forever and always. Amen.
Thank you so much for joining me today.
And a thank you to BibleGateway.com for sources.
Take a moment to subscribe to Counting My Blessings and join more than 7500 of us as we read the New Testament together. We will share short posts every Monday through Friday that you can read each day or save for the weekend. Let’s study God’s Word together!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
You can also…
Leave your prayer requests…
and stop to pray one or two of the requests listed.
I’m so excited to tell you about my new book!
Check out our new Facebook Page/Group – #WWGGG – What Would Give God Glory. We’d love for you to join the movement!
And always remember – I LOVE hearing from you! So, please take a minute to say ‘hi’ by leaving a comment.
If this article blessed or helped you today — would you share it with someone? Send it to a friend, family member, coworker, or share it through the links below…
I’m asking God to bless you today!