The Bible is full of wonderful truths about God!
But before we take a look at some of them . . . how do you define the word – wonderful?
I like this basic definition – something or someone that awakens feelings of wonder.
But I think my favorite is – someone or something that is extraordinarily marvelous!
God is extraordinarily marvelous! Not because of the wonderful things He does, but simply because of who He is. He is awesome and worthy of all our worship and praise.
There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all, in all, and living through all.Ephesians 4:5–6
So, grab your Bible and join me as I take a look at…
50 Wonderful Truths about God
from the Bible
- God is I AM. (Exodus 3:14)
- God is holy. (Leviticus 19:2 & 1 Peter 1:15)
- God is near you. (Deuteronomy 4:7)
- God is merciful. (Deuteronomy 4:31)
- God is faithful. (Deuteronomy 7:9)
- God is Lord of lords. (Deuteronomy 10:17)
- God is just and fair. (Deuteronomy 32:4)
- God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)
- God is trustworthy. (2 Samuel 7:28)
- God is a strong fortress. (2 Samuel 22:33)
- God is gracious and merciful. (2 Chronicles 30:9)
- God is awesome. (Nehemiah 1:5)
- God is greater than our understanding. (Job 22:12)
- God is forever. (Psalm 10:16)
- God is our rock, our fortress, our Savior. (Psalm 18:2)
- God is worthy of praise. (Psalm 18:3)
- God is a shield of protection. (Psalm 18:30)
- God is our refuge and strength. (Psalm 46:1)
- God is King over all the earth. (Psalm 47:7)
- God is forever and ever. (Psalm 48:14)
- God is our helper. (Psalm 54:4)
- God is the God who saves. Psalm 68:20
- God is the Mighty King who is just and fair. (Psalm 99:9)
- God is kind and good. (Psalm 116:5)
- God is great and powerful. (Psalm 147:5)
- God is merciful and forgiving. (Daniel 9:9)
- God is our Wonderful Counselor. (Isaiah 9:6)
- God is true, living, and everlasting. (Jeremiah 10:10)
- God is Heavenly Father. (Matthew 5:48)
- God is the Creator. (John 1:3)
- God is Spirit. (John 4:24)
- God is truth. (John 14:6)
- God is able to keep all His promises. (Romans 4:21)
- God is for you. (Romans 8:31)
- God is wise and mighty. (1 Corinthians 1:25)
- God is order and peace. (1 Corinthians 14:33)
- God is the source of comfort. (2 Corinthians 1:3)
- God is all-sufficient grace. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
- God is at work in you. (Philippians 2:13)
- God is generous. (1 Timothy 6:17)
- God is unchanging. (Hebrews 13:8)
- God is the author of salvation. (Hebrews 5:9)
- God is a devouring fire. Hebrews 12:29
- God is the honest judge. (James 4:11)
- God is light. (1 John 1:5)
- God is greater than our feelings. (1 John 3:20)
- God is all-knowing. (1 John 3:20)
- God is love. (1 John 4:8 & 16)
- God is the Alpha and Omega. (Revelation 1:8)
- God is faithful and true. (Revelation 19:11)
Yes, God is extraordinarily marvelous.
He is wonderful and everything He does is wonderful.
A Prayer of Praise and Worship for Our Wonderful God
Father, You truly are wonderful. You have promised that when I seek You and Your Kingdom above all else, You will give me everything I need. And You do. You have. You are kind and You keep every promise You make. You are faithful and true, merciful and loving. And Your grace is sufficient for every need.
Father, I am sorry. I recognize that too often I look at You through the lens of what You do or what You allow. I determine who You are through the lens of my life and I am so selfish. Please forgive me. You are who You say You are. And you are my Creator, my Savior, and my daily Helper. You are love, grace, and mercy.
You are my strength and shield, the unchanging generous extraordinarily marvelous Lord of my life. You are the I AM who is LOVE today, tomorrow, and always. I give myself to You. I worship and praise You. Please help me live each day of my life for Your glory. Amen.
As you and I pause to count our blessings, we realize just how truly wonderful God is . . . so wonderful that He sent His only Son to suffer our punishment making it possible for us to enter into the throne room of His grace, mercy, and love trusting that He will hear every cry of our heart and give us what we need.
So, my prayer today for all of us…
I [pray] that your minds may be opened to see His light, so that you will know what is the hope to which He has called you, how rich are the wonderful blessings He promises His people, and how very great is His power at work in us who believe. This power working in us is the same as the mighty strength which He used when He raised Christ from death and seated Him at His right side in the heavenly world.Ephesians 1:18–20
May our wonderful God be with you, bless you, and give you everything you need today and always.
We would love to pray for you.
You can leave your prayer requests here…
and even take a few minutes to pray over the list left by our friends.
Never Miss an Update
Leave your email address and I’ll send you a short email every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to alert you to each new devotion. Plus you’ll receive a copy of 30 Ways to Bless Your Marriage and Keep the Spark Burning
I always enjoy hearing from you! Please take a minute to say ‘hi” and share your thoughts in the comments below.
And if this article blessed or helped you today — would you share it with someone? Maybe a friend, family member, coworker, or through the links below…